Subject: Flyer Edit Model Hear, Hear!
From: Brian Churchill <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 16:44:28 -0500 (CDT)

> The Flyer sounds like great hardware, but unless the editing software is 
> sophisticated enough to do things like split edits, sliding in and out 
> points around, and clips locking and scene arranging, the benefits of 
> non-linear editing will be lost. 

Absolutely.  Does anyone know if the Flyer's software is supporting such 
tools?  I'd be curious to know if somthing as simple as manual 
transitions are still allowed.  Seems to me that NewTek could easily 
oversimplify the Flyer into a corner if everything is GPI.  
Every question I seem to give them, they keep coming back with 
"Oh - well, you won't need to do that," as if they've covered all the 
bases.  But personally I am skeptical that I will be able to compete in 
the marketplace with the Flyer's v.1 software unless I hear some details 
about editing features besides simple GPI'd cuts dissolves and wipes.

- Brian Churchill
- President, WTVT Users Group
- "Cruising on the Internet for Your Entertainment"